Recovery coaching made easy!
Jump-start your own recovery coaching program FREE!
FACT: Research indicates that most addiction treatment providers do not operate a recovery coaching program, and are therefore missing an opportunity to enhance sustained recovery for their clients.
Radiant Behavioral’s Recovery Coaching Program is a complete, turn-key business model designed for treatment centers, detox facilities, and medication-assisted treatment providers.
The program enables participating treatment centers and providers to:
- Develop a new, highly-profitable business channel with no out of pocket costs
- Substantially improve outcomes
- Quickly identify and recapture relapse cases
- Procure new clients from employers, medical and legal associations, airline unions and trade associations, disability insurers, employee assistance programs, and criminal justice departments
How it works:
Recovery coaching entails matching a client with an experienced, certified recovery coach. The client and coach meet either face-to-face, via video chat, or telephonically on a prescribed schedule, ideally over a 6 to 12-month period or longer.
Recovery coaches are not clinicians, case managers, or sponsors, though they may occasionally work in conjunction with these individuals in the best interests of the client.
All Radiant-affiliated recovery coaches must be in recovery themselves for a minimum continuous period of 2 years; and have received training and certification in recovery coaching.
The Recovery coach's role is to:
- support the client in recovery;
- assist the client to formulate and adhere to a prescribed recovery plan;
- provide guidance, access to resources, and assistance in helping the client achieve desired goals and outcomes;
- act as an arbiter between the client and designated family members, when needed;
- alert designated family members when a relapse may be imminent or has occurred; and
- facilitate the client’s re-enrollment into treatment in the event of relapse
In addition to the support provided by the recovery coach, all clients must agree to undergo periodic, random alcohol/drug tests to demonstrate accountability toward their continued recovery. In the spirit of transparency, the results of these tests are made available to all designated stakeholders and family members, as a means of verification and validation of continued sobriety, and as a mechanism for re-building trust.
Designated Family Members/Stakeholders
The client will have the option to designate certain family members, friends and other stakeholders as part of the client’s recovery team. These “designated” individuals may include the client’s spouse, parents, siblings, close friends, and other stakeholders, such as a sponsor, or a court-appointed monitor (in the case of court-mandated treatment and recovery). These individuals will be given access to the following:
- Progress updates directly from the client’s assigned coach
- Updates as to the client’s random toxicology results/reports
- Access to the client’s Recovery Plan, at the client’s discretion
- Access to the client’s survey and other screening data/responses, at the client’s discretion
Giving these designated individuals access to these items cultivates transparency and accountability toward continued recovery, providing verification and validation of sustained sobriety. It also acts as a mechanism for re-building trust with these individuals.
To optimize the likelihood for sustained recovery, it is recommended that the client participate in recovery coaching for a continuous period of at least 12 months. When implemented consistently over a 12-month period, or longer, recovery coaching, facilitated by capable recovery coaches, and reinforced by periodic alcohol/drug tests, mitigates relapse rates significantly, and promotes long-term, sustained recovery.
Recovery coaching removes family members from the role of monitor/enforcer. By relieving family members of this role, family members can re-focus on getting their own lives back on track.
Recovery coaching helps individuals with substance use disorder transition back into day-to-day life, while providing the support and accountability needed to help sustain recovery.
Employers and Disability Insurers
By allowing the coaching program to take over the monitoring of an employee with substance use disorder, employers and insurers are relieved of the responsibility of supervising the individual, while receiving the verification needed to ensure compliance and sobriety. Also, because monitoring has been proven to increase the likelihood of a sustained recovery, workplace productivity increases while absenteeism and presenteeism decrease.
What happens in case of relapse?
Due to the coach’s ongoing contact with the client, and the random toxicology tests that are periodically performed, relapse, if it occurs, can be very quickly identified. This affords the sponsoring treatment center to get the client back into treatment sooner rather than later. Research indicates that those who get back into treatment right after relapse has occurred are far more likely to get back on track with their recovery, and generally experience higher levels of sustained recovery than those who postpone relapse treatment.
In the event relapse occurs, the recovery coaching program is paused until such time as relapse treatment has been completed. Once completed, the client may resume the coaching program.
What’s Included in the program
Radiant Behavioral will provide you with everything you need to establish your own, or upgrade your existing, Recovery Coaching Program. Furthermore, we can have you up and running within 30 days with virtually no out of pocket costs, and no need to hire additional staff to oversee the program!
The Program includes the following:
- Personal recovery coach assigned to each client
- Full use of the Recovery Checkup web platform
- Use of your own Recovery Coaches, or access to Radiant’s Recovery coach network
- Recovery coach account creation
- Client/patient account creation
- Designated stakeholder/family member account creation
- Recovery coach case management; progress notes, logging of labs results, prompting of surveys, etc
- 3 part evidenced-based Recovery Checkup recovery & monitoring survey
- Predictive relapse alerts
- Random alcohol and drug screening (via your existing provider or First Lab)
- Secure video chat
- Designated stakeholder/family member data access and alerts
- Complete back-end administration
- Outcomes and analytics
- Content sharing application
- 15 behavioral health modules, Mind Spa, CBT Reframing tool, and Change Agent application
- Recovery coach Independent Contractor Agreement
- Client/patient Opt-In and Informed Consent Form
- Program design and pricing guidance
- Marketing support
- Staff training
- Technical support
- Client records and reports exportable to your existing case management and/or electronic health record software
- Bi-directional integration with your existing case management and/or electronic health record software possible with cooperation of your existing vendor (additional integration fee applies-cost to be determined)
- HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 compliant
- Business Associate and Qualified Service Organization Agreement
To ensure program quality and to optimize the client’s prospects for sustained recovery, all coaching engagements follow the same structure/protocol, as follows:
Each client initially completes a series of validated assessments to help the coach better understand the client’s history and circumstances. These assessments include:
- Behavioral Health Risk Assessment* (Details)
The Behavioral Health Risk Assessment can be used to screen patients for up to 15 behavioral and mental health conditions that are known cost drivers. Responses to the survey questions can alert staff to the need for follow-up or intervention, which may help to mitigate unnecessary office and ER visits or hospital readmissions. NOTE: Assessment of behavioral health is one of the elements included in PCMH recognition. Use of the BHRA may count toward valuable recognition points (Call for details)
The conditions that the Behavioral Health Risk Assessment screens for include the following:
- Risky Alcohol use
- Risky Drug use
- Tobacco use
- Gambling Addiction
- Sleep Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Excessive Sleepiness
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Sex Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating
- Postpartum Depression
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Military Version
- Civilian Version
- Anger Disorder
- Intimate Partner Violence (Domestic abuse)
- WBC (Details)
The Wellbeing Checkup is a 10 item survey that measures life satisfaction and general wellbeing across 10 life-dimensions. Responses to the survey questions can alert staff to the need for follow-up or intervention, which may help to mitigate unnecessary office and ER visits or hospital readmissions
- Resilience Checkup (Details)
The Resilience Checkup allows both the patient and health coach to assess the patient’s level of resilience, and to identify areas where resilience-building may be needed
- SDH (Details)
Our proprietary SDH survey consists of 16 items that comprise the most common SDH factors. Patients who have multiple SDH factors are known to drive costs as much as three times that of patients who do not have any SDH factors. These costs manifest in increased office and ER visits and hospitalizations.
The factors included in the SDH survey include unemployment, income insecurity, food insecurity, housing insecurity, exposure to toxic air, contaminated drinking water, or environmental toxins, unhealthy living or working conditions, discrimination, workplace harassment, intimate partner violence, childhood trauma, and more.
Responses to the survey questions can alert staff to the need for follow-up or intervention, which may help to mitigate unnecessary office and ER visits or hospital readmissions
NOTE: Assessing patients for SDH is one of the elements included in PCMH recognition. Accordingly, use of the platform’s SDH survey may count toward valuable PCMH recognition points (Call for details)
Goal setting/goal achievement
- Change Agent (Details)
ChangeAgent is our proprietary interactive goal setting tool that uses Motivational Interviewing to help patients identify motivations, strengths, and barriers for achieving behavior change. All goals can be shared with the Health Coach for follow-on discussion (Call for details)
- Task Tracker (Details)
The Task Tracker tool allows patients to specify the steps needed to achieve the behavior change goals they set using the ChangeAgent tool. All Task Tracker steps can be shared with the Health Coach for follow-on discussion (Call for details)
- Vision Board (Details)
Vision Board allows patients to upload photographs and images that help them visualize the steps needed to achieve the behavior change goals they set using the ChangeAgent and Task Tracker tools. All Vision Board content can be shared with the Health Coach for follow-on discussion (Call for details)
Addressing blocks/problem solving
- CBT Reframer (Details)
Our proprietary CBT Re-framing Tool employs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles to enable patients to take their unhelpful thoughts and feelings and re-frame them into neutral or positive ones. Re-framing results can be shared with the health coach for follow on discussion. This is an essential tool for teaching patients the basics of cognitive re-framing (Call for details)
- Resilience Builder (Details)
The Resilience Checkup allows both the patient and health coach to assess the patient’s level of resilience, and to identify areas where resilience-building may be needed
Between session “homework”
- Selected reading, audio and video
- 3-part Recovery Checkup Survey
- Aftercare Monitoring Survey
Suggested Coaching Plan Options
- All plans are month-to-month
- Client may cancel any time
- No client set-up fees
- Client may upgrade or downgrade plan at any time
- Client may pause program and return
- Client may switch coaches at any time
* Coaching sessions are conducted telephonically, or via the Recovery Checkup platform’s secure video conferencing application, based on client preference. Sessions typically run 50 mins, and include a wide range of topics, including: general client assessment, Recovery Plan formulation and review, goal setting, action planning and goal achievement, problem solving, resource recommendations, survey reviews, and general recovery guidance.
Radiant strongly recommends clients enroll in the following step-down model:
- Initial 3 months: Comprehensive plan
- Following 3 months: Expanded plan
- 6 months thereafter: Basic plan
Net Income Projection
Based on the foregoing suggested pricing structure, you can expect to generate net income from the program as follows:
Basic plan: $200/mo per client
Expanded plan: $350/mo per client
Comprehensive plan: $500/mo per client
NOTE: The balance of the program fees will be retained by Radiant to offset program operating expenses including payment for coach compensation, toxicology screenings, and Radiant’s internal operating overhead and personnel expenses.
Assuming clients opt for the step-down model, and remain in the program for an average period of 5 months, your projected net income would be as follows:
3 mos @ $500 per client = $1500/ea
2 mos @ $350 per client = $700/ea
TOTAL: $2,200 per client
Assuming you can consistently enroll an average of 4 clients per month into the program, by the end of the average enrollment period of 5 months, you will have a constant census of 20 clients. These 20 clients will generate an average net income to you of $8,800 per month, calculated as follows:
$2,200 (total income per client) / 5 mos (average enrollment period) = $440/mo average X 20 clients = $8,800 per month
Additionally, since the Program allows you to maintain an ongoing relationship with your clients well after they have left your treatment environment, and because you will be immediately notified by Radiant of all relapse cases, you will be better positioned to recapture those relapsed clients, and realize additional treatment income.
NOTE: The program model and pricing shown is for illustration purposes only and can be modified in any way the sponsoring treatment center wishes. Alcohol/drug testing may be conducted by your existing lab/vendor. If you do not currently have a vendor with a nationwide network of labs, we can get an account set up for you with First Lab, which has a network of more than 13,000 labs nationwide.
Recovery coaching is currently not eligible for reimbursement by insurance carriers, Medicare or Medicaid. Consequently, clients will be required to self-pay for the Program.
There is ZERO cost for you to get started!
Radiant will provide the following services at no cost to you:
- Program design consultation and pricing guidance;
- Your own unique sub-domain on the Recovery Checkup platform;
- Use of Radiant’s coaching staff
- Onboarding of recovery coaches; including execution of the Independent Contractor Agreements
- Automated client enrollment interface
- Program description for your website
- Staff training in how to use the administrative side of the platform
What’s required of you
The only thing required of you is to:
- Promote the Program to those clients of yours whom you believe could benefit from recovery coaching, and who have the financial ability to self-pay for the Program
- Assist interested clients in selecting the coaching plan that’s right for them, and
- Assist committed clients with completion of the online enrollment form
Radiant and its coaching staff will handle everything else from there, including billing the client’s credit card each month for the monthly enrollment fee (Radiant will distribute your portion of the enrollment fee to you each month within 15 days of receipt).
Clients may use the following types of credit cards to pay for the service:
For further program details, or to arrange a remote tour of the Recovery Checkup Platform via GoTo Meeting, call:
Click the “Email Form” button to request more information:
About Radiant Behavioral
Radiant Behavioral is a boutique web development firm specializing in the behavioral health and wellbeing sectors. We leverage internet and mobile technology to help people achieve improved life-management skills in the areas of behavioral health, behavioral change, addiction recovery, resilience, wellness, disease management, work-life balance, and day-to-day living.
Radiant licenses “private label” versions of its proprietary websites to local, regional and national companies across a variety of industries. These companies look to Radiant to bring an engaging and meaningful web-experience to their clients, patients, and constituents.
Our private label solutions are utilized by employee assistance programs (EAPS), employers, behavioral health vendors, hospitals, medical groups, treatment centers, and coaching & counseling organizations and providers.
Radiant Behavioral’s parent company, Radiant Interactive Group, is a full-service web development firm with more than two decades of experience in developing, hosting and maintaining both on-premise and cloud-based, mobile-optimized websites, web applications, relational databases and IOS and Android mobile apps.
Radiant Interactive Group has particular expertise in the development of enterprise-level, interactive health and wellness-related websites and tools requiring both HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 compliance.
For more information:
Contact: Mark Blakley
Phone: 800 - 717 - 0955
Corporate website: http://radiantbehavioral.com